HearthStone Quality Home Heating Products, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser of the new gas fired
stove/insert manufactured by HearthStone against any of the occurrences listed in this document that
result from defects in material or workmanship.
Limited Lifetime Coverage
· All cast iron parts, including the cast iron heat exchanger against breakage, cracking or burn-through.
· All stones against cracking or breakage due to thermal stress, excluding surface and hairline cracks
and scratches that do not affect the operation or safety of the Woodstove.
· Primary and secondary air supply systems, including riser tubes, air wash system, secondary air manifold
and stainless steel secondary air supply tubes against breakage, cracking or burn-through.
· Glass against breakage due to thermal shock.
Limited Five Year Coverage
· Firebox & firebox baffle - against breakage, cracking or burn-through.
· Convective heat exchanger - against breakage, cracking or burn-through
· Burners, air shutters & orifices - against breakage, cracking or burn-through
· Ceramic logs & embers - against breakage, cracking or burn-through
· Door handles and latch mechanisms against breakage.
Limited Three Year Coverage
· Gas train, including gas valve, millivolt wiring, spill switch, pilot assembly, thermopile, thermocouple,
piezo igniter against breakage or malfunction.
Limited One Year Coverage:
· Enamel Finish against peeling or fading, excluding chipping, mechanical abrasion, chemical abrasion or
· Gaskets and sealants against breakage or deterioration.
· Accessories and electrical components such as blowers, switches and thermo discs, excluding venting
components, hearth components, electrical components and other components or accessories used in
conjunction with the installation of the Stove not manufactured or supplied by HearthStone against
breakage or malfunction.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from State to
All obligations of HearthStone under this document commence on the date the Original Purchaser
purchases the gas stove or insert (the Purchase Date). Five year coverage expires on the fifth (5th)
anniversary of the Purchase Date. Three year coverage expires on the third (3rd) anniversary of the
Purchase Date. One year coverage expires on the first (1st) anniversary of the Purchase Date.
The warranties contained in this document do not cover, nor is HearthStone responsible for:
1. Damage resulting from installation or operation of the Stove in a manner contrary to the owners
2. Damage or non-performance resulting from faulty or incomplete setup, installation and start-up or
mishandling, abuse, or misuse of the Stove, including but not limited to over-firing.
3. Damage resulting from installation, modification, alteration, repair or service of the Stove by any party
other than HearthStone or an authorized HearthStone Dealer.
4. Damage due to water or due to installation of the Stove in a damp or high condensation area.
5. Damage due to installation of the Stove in an atmosphere contaminated by damaging chemicals,
including but not limited to chlorine, fluorine or salts.
6. Scratches on glass, enameled surfaces or stones due to mechanical abrasion.
7. Standard wear and tear of the Stove resulting from normal usage over time.
8. Damage, operational-related problems, or inadequate performance caused by site, installation or
environmental conditions beyond HearthStones control, including but not limited to nearby trees,
rooftops, buildings, wind, hills, mountains, inadequate or excessive venting, insufficient make up air, or
negative air pressure whether or not caused by mechanical systems such as furnaces, exhaust fans,
clothes dryers, etc.
9. A defect in any part of the Stove if the Original Purchaser fails to comply with HearthStones or a
Dealers request to ship the part or the Stove to HearthStone or a Dealer, as the case may be.
THE FINE PRINT
THE WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE GIVEN BY
HEARTHSTONE AND ACCEPTED BY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND
ANY OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, OR REMEDIES IN CONTRACT OR TORT, WHETHER OR NOT
ARISING FROM HEARTHSTONES NEGLIGENCE, ACTUAL OR IMPUTED. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE GIVEN ONLY TO THE
EXTENT REQUIRED BY FEDERAL OR STATE LAW. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY STATE LAW, UPON THE
EXPIRATION OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTIES CONTAINED HEREIN, NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY TO
THE SUBJECT STOVE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY
LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT EXTEND ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE GAS
APPLIANCE WARRANTED HEREUNDER. THEY DO NOT EXTEND TO ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNERS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL HEARTHSTONE BE LIABLE TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER
PERSON FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGE TO
PROPERTY OR PERSONAL INJURIES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT, OR OTHERWISE,
EVEN IF HEARTHSTONE HAS BEEN APPRAISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT
ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE
LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
QUALIFYING FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE
To obtain performance of any obligation under this document, the Original Purchaser must, within the applicable warranty time
period, contact HearthStone, at the address listed in the Warranty Registration section below or at (802) 888-5235, or a Dealer
for instructions regarding the return of defective parts for repair, the return of the Woodstove for repair, or a Dealer service call.
The Original Purchaser should refer to the Dealer network search engine contained on HearthStones Web site
(www.hearthstonestoves.com), or call HearthStone at (802) 888-5235, to find a Dealer nearest the Original Purchasers location.
The remedy for any breach of the foregoing warranties will consist of repair or replacement, at HearthStones option, of any
covered defect in the Stove. When the Original Purchaser contacts HearthStone or a Dealer, HearthStone or the Dealer, as the
case may be, will instruct the Original Purchaser to either return the defective part, or the entire Stove (if needed), with shipping
prepaid, to HearthStone or a Dealer or allow a Dealer to make a service call at the place where the Stove is located. In the event the
Original Purchaser refuses to allow a Dealer to make a service call, HearthStone or a Dealer, as the case may be, will request
that the Original Owner return the defective part, or the entire Stove (if needed), with shipping prepaid, to HearthStone or a
Dealer. Notwithstanding any other provision of this document, the Original Purchaser shall pay for any travel fees and service
charges related to a Dealers service call.
Parts: HearthStone will replace defective parts covered by the foregoing warranties at no charge.
Labor: Within the first (1st) year after the Purchase Date, HearthStone will pay for warranty labor performed by a Dealer at
HearthStones published labor rates in effect at the time the labor is performed. Thereafter, the Original Purchaser is
responsible for the cost of labor.
Shipping cost for parts: Within the first ninety (90) days after the Purchase Date, HearthStone will pay for the shipping of Stove
parts covered by any of the foregoing warranties to and from HearthStone or a Dealer, as the case may be. Thereafter, the
Original Purchaser is responsible for all shipping costs related to shipping Stove parts to and from HearthStone or a Dealer, as
the case may be.
Shipping cost for the Stove: Within the first (1st) year after the Purchase Date, if the Original Purchaser is instructed to return
the Stove to HearthStone or a Dealer for repair, HearthStone will pay fifty percent (50%) and the Original Purchaser will pay
fifty percent (50%) of the shipping costs related to shipping the Stove to and from HearthStone or a Dealer, as the case may be.
Thereafter, the Original Purchaser is responsible for one hundred percent (100%) of all of the shipping costs related to shipping
the Stove to and from HearthStone or a Dealer, as the case may be. Notwithstanding any other provision of this document, in no
event will HearthStone pay for any Dealer fees or other fees for pick up or delivery of the Stove returned for repair; the Original
Purchaser shall be responsible for any such fees.
The Original Purchaser may send a completed and signed Warranty Registration Form, which is enclosed in the Stove warranty
packet, to the following address:
HearthStone Quality Home Heating Products, Inc.
317 Stafford Avenue
Morrisville, VT 05661
NOTE: SENDING IN THE SIGNED WARRANTY REGISTRATION FORM IS NOT A CONDITION OF WARRANTY COVERAGE
OR HEARTHSTONES PERFORMANCE.